Hitler's Garands: German Self-Loading Rifles Of World War II
W. Darrin Weaver
Availability: Out of stock
Manufacturer part number: 0-88935-275-5
Hitler's Wehrmacht began World War II armed with the bolt action K98k. Then in 1940, the Heereswaffenamt (HWaA, the Army Weapons Office) issued a requirement for a new self-loading rifle. The results were the Mauser G41(M) and flap-locked Walther G41(W). Taking their lead from the Russians, Walther copied (and patented) the gas system of the Tokarev SVT self-loader, grafting it onto the flap-locked bolt of the G41 to create the G43, which was only produced during the last nineteen desperate months of World War II. The author has gone to great pains to illustrate the many fraudulent markings seen on components and scopes, and to identify the many out-and-out fake magazine pouches, stocks, and especially scope cases and mounts, which abound today. 392pp.